PRIVACY NOTICE FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
Last updated: March 28, 2022
As required under the CCPA, we will update this Notice every 12 months. The last revision date will be reflected in the “Last updated” heading located at the top of this Notice.
1. CATEGORIES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM CALIFORNIA CONSUMERS
In the preceding 12 months, we have collected the following categories and types of personal information from California consumers, and intend to continue doing so subject to the requirements under the CCPA:
- Identifiers, such as name, email addresses, and billing and shipping addresses for online purchases.
- Customer characteristics, which includes the categories of personal information described in the California Customer Records statute (California Civil Code Section 1798.80), including physical characteristics, payment information and, for employment candidates, education and employment history.
- Commercial information, including purchasing habits, such as the products you have ordered or considered (i.e., placed in your basket but never ultimately purchased), as well as your purchasing history.
- Technical identifies, such as internet and other similar network activity, such as browsing history and cookie history.
- Geolocation data.
- Audio and visual information, such as pictures you may have uploaded to our site and recorded customer services calls.
- Inferences, which are drawn from the above information to create consumer profiles reflecting certain preferences and behaviors and customized content/offerings.
2. BUSINESS OR COMMERCIAL PURPOSE FOR COLLECTING, SHARING AND SELLING INFORMATION.
We collect and share your personal information for the following business and commercial purposes: to authenticate you when you use our websites, to provide customer support, to audit our products and services, to detect security incidents, to debug and fix errors associated with our websites, research, activities to maintain the quality of our websites and products and services, to encourage and enable purchases such as through our various promotions, to provide personalized marketing offers and programs, to enroll you in our newsletter subscription program, and other commercial transactions that occur from time to time.
We do not make your data publicly available, we do not act as data brokers and we do not trade in your data. However, certain standard generally accepted business practices may be deemed as "Sale" of data under the CCPA, such as when we utilize third party service providers that provide us with services, while they retain certain rights to use your data for their own business needs (e.g. Google Analytics, Facebook, fraud detection services, our online marketing service providers, etc.).
If you are a California customer, you have a right under the new definition of "sale", to request to opt-out of certain data transfers and sharing of personal activities which we operate. Please refer to section 3 - "Your California Consumer Rights" below, for information on how you can exercise your rights.
3. YOUR CALIFORNIA CONSUMER RIGHTS.
California consumers have the right to request access to the specific pieces of personal information we have collected about them in the last 12 months. You may make this request up to two times in a 12-month period.
You may also request additional details about our information practices, including the categories of personal information we have collected about you, the categories of sources of such collection, the business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling personal information, the categories of third parties with whom we share and sell your personal information, the categories of personal information we have disclosed and "sold" about you in the preceding 12 months, and the categories of third parties to whom we sold personal information in the preceding 12 months.
If you are a California consumer, you also have the right to request deletion of your personal information (subject to certain exceptions), to opt out of sales of personal information and to receive equal service and price and not be discriminated against even if you exercise any of your CCPA rights (unless permitted by applicable law, such as if the differences are reasonably related to your information).
Our websites do not sell (as “sell” is traditionally defined) your personal information. That is, we don’t provide your name, phone number, address, email address or other personally identifiable information to third parties in exchange for money. However, under California Privacy Notice, sharing information for instance for advertising purposes may be considered a “sale” of “personal information.” If you’ve visited our digital properties within the past 12 months, under the CCPA personal information about you may have been “sold” to our advertising or other partners for their own use. California residents have the right to opt out of the “sale” of personal information, and we’ve made it easy for anyone to stop the information transfers that might be considered such a “sale” from our website or mobile app.
California consumers may make a rights request by submitting a respective request to firstname.lastname@example.org or by filling out our online form. Your request must include sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information, which may include your email address and name.
Additionally, California consumers may opt-out of the "sale" of information as described above, by changing their Privacy Preferences.
Please note that by opting out of the sharing of your personal information considered as sale as defined by CCPA:
- You may still see some tailored advertising that third parties may have previously collected unless you opt out of all interest based advertising (see our Cookies Policy or visit www.aboutads.info/choices)
- We will still share your personal information with our service providers to provide the services on our websites
- These settings may not persist if you clear your cookies, switch devices, or switch browsers. If you access our websites from other browsers or devices, you will also need to make this selection on each browser and device. If you delete or clear cookies, you’ll need to click the button again the next time you visit. If you delete or clear your cookies, that will delete our opt-out cookie and you will need to opt out again. If you have previously requested that we do not sell your personal information, your request remains in effect until you tell us otherwise.
4. CONTACT US.
If you would like to get in touch with us or if you have any privacy-related questions, concerns or complaints, please contact us:
Mailing Address For non-EU and non-UK based Customers:
30 N Gould St Ste 20407,
Sheridan, WY 82801
Mailing Address for EU or UK based customers:
PAINT YOUR LIFE UK LTD
120 High Road
East Finchley, N2 9ED
Or email email@example.com